Tuesday, August 08, 2006

London's lifeblood - London's headache.

London welcomes and is pretty much dependant on the trade and business brought in the international tourist industry; I love to see visitors to the UK enjoying themselves and spendng their money in this country, and hopefully going away with a greater appreciation of who we are and why we are here.

I think that I will need to produce a London Tube user's guide though; it seems blindingly apparent to me that most of our valued visitors do not have a clue when it comes to using the underground railway network. To you all - when using the tube - do not make conversation and PLEASE do not make eye contact!

Get to the top of an escalator? Stop dead at the top and look clueless, stopping the incessant flow of travellers that are immediately behind you. Health and Safety beware. Get lost? Congregate around a tube map with your bags on wheels, despite the fact you are causing a massive disruption, natter to each other in your local language, irrespective of the fact you are getting both in the way, and on the tits of the local regular tube users. WE DO THIS EVERY DAY AND DON'T NEED YOU GETTING IN THE WAY!

The current fad for a bag on wheels seems to be feeding this issue - I just wish the guilty could be made aware or the grief they cause. Wired to the mains might help.

I have had enough - I just don't know what I can do about it right now. Rubber truncheons and Tasers might help I suppose.

Blogged with Flock

1 comment:

  1. Ooooooh who has his special grumpy head on then?
    ;-)
    Mind you Rubber truncheons and Tasers are your answer to EVERYTHING!
    LOL.

    ReplyDelete