Sunday, March 18, 2007

Fridge magnets, killer sheep and Roma beggars.

A photo of my fridge freezer complete with a set of new Doctor Who fridge magnets courtesy of the current issue of SFX Magazine.

On Wednesday afternoon, in the course of the journey between London Bridge station and Plumstead station, I was accosted over a period of roughly half an hour by a total of four groups of Eastern European Roma Gypsy beggars. The first couple were the usual women with a comatose (possibly drugged?) baby, outstretched hands and no English. The second two pairs were teenagers with a piece of card with some kind of begging message on it - I could not be more specific as I did not dignify it by reading it. No sign of any transport police of course. I actually feel sorry for the kids - what kind of life can it be? My feelings on street and public transport begging are well known, so I won't bother wasting electrons reminding you.

A couple of movie trailers this week; the first one is from a forthcoming film from New Zealand called "Black Sheep". The second is the trailer for the new movie from Robert Rodruigez and Quentin Tarantino. I'll not spoil it by giving you the background to either. Watch and enjoy...